Assault with a Deadly WeaponOver 20 Years Fighting Injustice
Assault with a Deadly Weapon
Assault with a deadly weapon is a serious crime. If you have been arrested or charged with this crime, you could face potentially serious consequences. Early investigation into the charge is extremely vital to the defense case.
Factors that can affect the severity of the charge include:
- Type of injury inflicted
- Type of weapon used
- Whether or not there is a possibility of mistaken identity
- Justification for the crime
Understanding Criminal Charges of Assault
Depending on the severity of the charge, it will be seen as a Class B, or D felony. Assault is seen as an attempt to commit a violent injury on an individual while having possession of the means to do so (the weapon). If you have been charged with assault with a deadly weapon, do not wait to speak to an attorney educated in California laws.
The amount of injury can play a large part in the penalties assigned. This point should be analyzed by a lawyer as the court will often pursue the highest penalty regardless of the extent of the injury. The object in question may not be categorized as a weapon according to law, however, the incident may still be charged as assault.
What Constitutes Assault?
Using force on another in order to defend your property or person is not necessarily assault. If someone were forced to physically harm another in order to prevent them from committing a crime such as burglary, the force would be considered necessary. At West Coast Defense, we have experience in both prosecution and defense. This breadth of understanding is a great advantage to all clients. At our criminal defense law firm, we bring a personalized approach to each case and believe in providing clients with excellent service.
In the event you are arrested, it is critical that you have experienced legal representation. Contact West Coast Defense at (800) 922-6989 to schedule a free initial consultation. We will review your case and discuss the available options and, if retained, will provide you with the highest quality legal representation available.
- Case DISMISSED Charged with Battery
- Misdemeanors were dismissed. Carrying a Concealed Knife
- Case Dismissed Assault and battery
- ALL ALLEGATIONS WERE DROPPED Arrested for Violation of Probation
- All felony charges DISMISSED Arrested for Felony Arson
- CASE DISMISSED Arrested for Domestic Violence
- Case was dropped Arrested for Domestic Violence
- DRUG CHARGES DISMISSED Arrested for a Felony possession
- Case Dismissed Accused of sexual assault
- CASE DISMISSED Accused of Child Molestation