Environmental CrimesOver 20 Years Fighting Injustice
Environmental Crime Defense Attorneys in Long Beach, CA
What is an Environmental Crime?
Also known as a green crime, an environmental crime is an illegal action that negatively impacts the environment. The main difficulty with processing environmental crimes is that it’s often not the action that’s illegal, but whether or not you have permission to do said action. Lost paperwork, misinformation, or clerical errors can all cause you to be wrongfully accused of an environmental crime.
At West Coast Defense, our Long Beach environmental crime defense lawyers know these laws inside and out. We can defend your rights if you have been charged with one of these offenses.
Call (800) 922-6989 to arrange a free consultation and discuss your environmental crime charge.
Types of Environmental Crimes
Below are just a few of the environmental crimes you can be charged with. Each of these areas contains many rules and regulations that can make a case more complex. Your attorney will need to be well-versed in whatever charge you are facing
- Wildlife Crime – When compared to crimes like murder and theft, laws against wildlife are relatively new. Because of that, understanding just how serious a crime is can be difficult for someone without environmental law experience. That’s why it’s crucial that you hire an attorney who is well versed in animal and environment-based crimes.
- Pollution Crime – With global warming becoming a greater and greater concern, officials are cracking down on laws that prohibit pollution and protect the Ozone Layer.
- Illegal Logging –Logging laws include much more than just gathering wood from a protected area, it regulate transportation, purchase, or sale of illegal wood and timber. Many people find themselves facing an illegal logging suit after unknowingly purchasing and selling illegal timber.
- Water Management Crime – Also known as crimes against water, water management crimes range from stealing water from a neighbor to polluting a river.
Protect Yourself from the Steep Penalties of Environmental Charges
People who are found guilty of violating environmental laws most often face jail time, criminal fines, probation, or a combination of the three. Typically, hefty fines are used to prevent big businesses from committing environmental crimes, while jail time and probation are used to prevent smaller groups and individuals from breaking the law.
Environmental crimes are becoming a hot-button issue in America, with courts looking to make an example out of people convicted of these crimes.
If you’re charged with an environmental crime, including crimes not listed on our site, contact our Long Beach environmental crime defense attorneys at (800) 922-6989 for a no-cost consultation.
- Case DISMISSED Charged with Battery
- Misdemeanors were dismissed. Carrying a Concealed Knife
- Case Dismissed Assault and battery
- ALL ALLEGATIONS WERE DROPPED Arrested for Violation of Probation
- All felony charges DISMISSED Arrested for Felony Arson
- CASE DISMISSED Arrested for Domestic Violence
- Case was dropped Arrested for Domestic Violence
- DRUG CHARGES DISMISSED Arrested for a Felony possession
- Case Dismissed Accused of sexual assault
- CASE DISMISSED Accused of Child Molestation