Environmental CrimesOver 20 Years Fighting Injustice
Long Beach Environmental Crime Defense Lawyer
Defending Against Environmental Crime Charges in Los Angeles County
Also known as a green crime, an environmental crime is an illegal action that negatively impacts the environment. The main difficulty with processing environmental crimes is that it’s often not the action that’s illegal but whether or not you have permission to do said action. Lost paperwork, misinformation, or clerical errors can all cause you to be wrongfully accused of an environmental crime.
At West Coast Defense, our Long Beach environmental crime defense lawyers know these laws inside and out. We can defend your rights if you have been charged with one of these offenses.
Have you been accused of an environmental crime? Call West Coast Defense today at (800) 922-6989 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation with our environmental crime defense attorney in Long Beach.
Types of Environmental Crimes
Below are just a few of the environmental crimes you can be charged with. Each of these areas contains many rules and regulations that can make a case more complex. Your attorney will need to be well-versed in whatever charge you are facing. Below are some types of environmental crimes:
- Wildlife Crime – When compared to crimes like murder and theft, laws against wildlife are relatively new. Because of that, understanding just how serious a crime is can be difficult for someone without environmental law experience. That’s why it’s crucial that you hire an attorney who is well-versed in animal and environment-based crimes.
- Pollution Crime – With global warming becoming a greater and greater concern, officials are cracking down on laws that prohibit pollution and protect the Ozone Layer.
- Illegal Logging –Logging laws include much more than just gathering wood from a protected area, they regulate transportation, purchase, or sale of illegal wood and timber. Many people find themselves facing an illegal logging suit after unknowingly purchasing and selling illegal timber.
- Water Management Crime – Also known as crimes against water, water management crimes range from stealing water from a neighbor to polluting a river.
Contact Our Environmental Crimes Defense Attorney in Long Beach Today
People who are found guilty of violating environmental laws most often face jail time, criminal fines, probation, or a combination of the three. Typically, hefty fines are used to prevent big businesses from committing environmental crimes, while jail time and probation are used to prevent smaller groups and individuals from breaking the law. Environmental crimes are becoming a hot-button issue in America, with courts looking to make an example out of people convicted of these crimes.
Contact West Coast Defense today to get started on your defense with our Long Beach environmental crime defense lawyer.
- DRUG CHARGES DISMISSED Arrested for a Felony possession
- CASE DISMISSED Arrested for Domestic Violence
- Case was dropped Arrested for Domestic Violence
- CASE DISMISSED Accused of Child Molestation
- DISMISSED Charged with Petty Theft
- DISMISSED Charged with Reckless Driving
- Case Dismissed Hit and Run
- Charges Dismissed Gun at Airport
- Case Dismissed Hit and run
- ALL FELONY CHARGES WERE DISMISSED Charged with Carrying a Concealed Weapon