MarijuanaOver 20 Years Fighting Injustice
Marijuana Defense Lawyer in Long Beach
Although California laws have grown increasingly lax over the years in regards to marijuana, there are still restrictions in place and penalties for breaking those laws. For example, if you are found to be in possession of more than 28.5 grams of marijuana, you could be facing a misdemeanor charge with a potential penalty of a $500 fine and up to 6 months in jail. Other crimes involving marijuana include the sale of it without a license, consuming it in public, consuming it while operating a vehicle, and more. Whatever the case, it is important for you to hire a California criminal defense lawyer to develop your legal strategy.
Penalties for Marijuana Crimes
- Possession with Intent to Distribute - Between 16 months and 3 years in prison
- Cultivation - Between 16 months and 3 years in prison
- Sale or Delivery - Between 2 and 4 years in prison
- Sale or Delivery to a Minor - Between 3 and 7 years in prison
The voters of California approved the Compassionate Use Act of 1996 to legalize medical marijuana for conditions such as cancer, anorexia, glaucoma, arthritis, AIDS, migraines, and others, provided that the patient first receives the recommendation of a doctor. The City of Long Beach, however, has moved to ban medical marijuana within city limits and has recently been working with the federal Drug Enforcement Administration to raid local dispensaries. The ban is currently being contested with lawsuits going as high as the state Supreme Court.
Arrested for a Marijuana-Related Crime? We're Here to Help You.
Anthony Falangetti of West Coast Defense is highly respected in the legal field as an experienced criminal defense lawyers who consistently gains favorable results for his clients through effective legal strategies and a tireless work ethic. He also has the advantage of having two decades of experience in the L.A. County Prosecutor's office trying the same cases they now defend. Anthony Falangetti knows the court system and will make sure that your rights are protected and that you receive the best legal defense available. To learn more, call (800) 922-6989.
- Case DISMISSED Charged with Battery
- Misdemeanors were dismissed. Carrying a Concealed Knife
- Case Dismissed Assault and battery
- ALL ALLEGATIONS WERE DROPPED Arrested for Violation of Probation
- All felony charges DISMISSED Arrested for Felony Arson
- CASE DISMISSED Arrested for Domestic Violence
- Case was dropped Arrested for Domestic Violence
- DRUG CHARGES DISMISSED Arrested for a Felony possession
- Case Dismissed Accused of sexual assault
- CASE DISMISSED Accused of Child Molestation