DMV HearingsOver 20 Years Fighting Injustice
Long Beach DMV Hearing Attorney
Being charged with DUI and facing the prospect of sitting in a courtroom facing a judge in order to defend yourself may be very stressful, even embarrassing. This is not the only issue you need to address. It is necessary to take immediate action if you've been arrested to avoid losing your driving privileges for an extended period.
The DMV Hearing Process
When a driver is arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence (DUI) or driving while intoxicated (DWI), the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) machinery is automatically put into motion to suspend all driving privileges.
If this is a first offense, the suspension may only be for a 4 month period; however, if this is a second or subsequent offense the suspension period becomes longer. There are additional requirements to be met, such as attending alcohol education classes, before driving privileges are restored. A DMV hearing must be requested within 10 days or the suspension will automatically be effective. An experienced DMV hearing attorney with an intimate understanding of the hearing process can fight to protect your driver's license from further suspension.
In a DMV hearing, your driving privilege hangs on three issues:
- While driving was your blood alcohol level at 0.08% or higher?
- Were you lawfully arrested?
- Did the law enforcement officer have reason to believe you were DUI?
In an administrative hearing, the reports of any tests and the arresting officer are taken as sufficient evidence for suspension. An experienced criminal defense attorney is needed to expose any flaws in test results and demonstrate any failures to meet standard procedure requirements. As former successful prosecutors, we have the skill and expertise to assist you. Contact us immediately for help protecting your rights throughout your case.
Call For a Free Consultation - (800) 922-6989
If you do not have an experienced DUI lawyer representing your interests at your DMV Hearing, you could face having your license suspended, having to get a breathalyzer machine installed on your vehicle, attending numerous classes, and other possible penalties. Because it is common knowledge that technology that measures blood alcohol content (BAC) can be inaccurate because of a variety of reasons, having a proven DUI attorney on your side can make a huge difference.
Contact our offices today for a no cost initial consultation and case review. We will explain your options and if we are retained, will begin to construct your defense and analyze every step in the arrest process to make sure that procedures were followed and that you were treated fairly.
- Case DISMISSED Charged with Battery
- Misdemeanors were dismissed. Carrying a Concealed Knife
- Case Dismissed Assault and battery
- ALL ALLEGATIONS WERE DROPPED Arrested for Violation of Probation
- All felony charges DISMISSED Arrested for Felony Arson
- CASE DISMISSED Arrested for Domestic Violence
- Case was dropped Arrested for Domestic Violence
- DRUG CHARGES DISMISSED Arrested for a Felony possession
- Case Dismissed Accused of sexual assault
- CASE DISMISSED Accused of Child Molestation