Domestic ViolenceOver 20 Years Fighting Injustice
Long Beach Domestic Violence Lawyers
Defending Clients Who Have Been Accused Of Domestic Violence in Los Angeles County
Domestic violence is charged when two people who are living together become combatants. Charges include assault, battery, stalking, emotional abuse, rape, and sexual assault. Women are most frequently the victims of domestic violence, but men are also victims. These charges are serious and can lead to significant penalties.
Most cases of domestic violence are extremely upsetting to all parties, and the relationships can get quite complex when children are involved, or protective orders are issued. Let an experienced and responsive domestic violence attorney provide you with the personal attention and counsel you need during this difficult situation.
Have you been accused of domestic violence in California? Call West Coast Defense today at (800) 922-6989 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation with our domestic violence attorneys in Long Beach.
Penalties For Domestic Violence in California
It is a crime, under California law to threaten or cause harm to a household or family member. The penalties for such crimes can be severe, including:
- A jail or prison sentence
- Fines and/or restitution for the victim
- Firearm rights revoked
- Restraining order
- Participation in a domestic violence program
- Permanent criminal record
- Loss of rights to child custody
California Domestic Violence Laws
If you or a loved one has been charged with a domestic violence crime, an attorney well-acquainted with California laws should be consulted without delay. West Coast Defense has years of experience in this area of law and can effectively represent you to mitigate the consequences of these charges.
Domestic violence charges in California cannot be ignored or handled privately. Per California law, a 911 call concerning a domestic violence incident will lead to an arrest of one of the parties if the officer finds any evidence of an altercation. Formal charges can be filed by the state prosecutor, even if the victim does not press charges. These strict laws stem from public outrage over highly publicized domestic violence cases that have resulted in serious injuries and even death when the parties were not immediately separated and brought to justice.
Contact Our Domestic Violence Attorney Today
Due to his extensive experience as a deputy district attorneys, Mr. Falangetti is well-versed in the law and its practical application. He has tried countless cases of domestic violence and fully understands the consequences of being found guilty and the process by which such a verdict is reached. Our firm will use this experience to your benefit by defending you during the process, protecting your rights, and by aggressively seeking the most favorable outcome so that your life is not totally ruined by unduly harsh justice measures.
- Domestic Violence Assault Charges | Long Beach Criminal Defense Attorney
- How Do You Defend Against False Allegations of Domestic Violence?
Contact West Coast Defense today to get started on your defense with our Long Beach domestic violence attorney.
- DRUG CHARGES DISMISSED Arrested for a Felony possession
- CASE DISMISSED Arrested for Domestic Violence
- Case was dropped Arrested for Domestic Violence
- CASE DISMISSED Accused of Child Molestation
- DISMISSED Charged with Petty Theft
- DISMISSED Charged with Reckless Driving
- Case Dismissed Hit and Run
- Charges Dismissed Gun at Airport
- Case Dismissed Hit and run
- ALL FELONY CHARGES WERE DISMISSED Charged with Carrying a Concealed Weapon